Architectural Design and Planning
Every single Beaver Mountain project – whether it’s new construction, an addition, or a gorgeous home makeover – starts right here.
To some people, the process of creating a custom log cabin home, cedar home, or timber frame home – from scratch – can seem overwhelming at first, especially on top of existing commitments…family, friends, career, etc. To make your life easier, Beaver Mountain’s comprehensive advisory services streamline the process, enabling you to focus on the issues that matter most while we keep a watchful eye on your project as it unfolds step by step.
Explore our Design Process
For your on-site consultation and information gathering session with our Design Team, bring your inspirational materials – magazine clippings, photos, Pinterest boards, etc. – this is the beginning of a very exciting and rewarding creative process.
Things to Start Thinking About
- Architectural style (cape, chalet, ranch, etc.)
- Orientation of the home on the property – location of sunsets, sunrises, views, etc.
- How will your driveway approach your home?
- Do you plan to have a garage? Attached or detached?
- Will you have a finished basement? A walkout?
- Outdoor living areas (porches, decks, gazebo, kitchen, etc.)
- Will there be a fireplace or woodstove?
- Do you want a formal foyer or entryway?
- Will you need a mudroom or coat closet?
- Where will your laundry room be located?
- Number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- Where you’ll eat your meals (dining room, kitchen, snackbar, etc.)
- Where you’ll spend most of your time (kitchen, living room, family room, etc.)
- Will you need room to entertain?
- Special lifestyle or accessibility requirements
- Alternate energy sources (solar, wind, geothermal, etc.)
Using highly specialized, 3D modeling CAD software, your Architectural Designer will develop conceptual drawings and a turnkey estimate range for your project. Next, together, we’ll review those drawings and further refine the project budget, design options, building schedule, and timeline. Finally, your Design Team will render elevations and floor plans.
INTERESTED? LET’S CONNECT.
Whether you’re interested in visiting our Design Center, touring our Model Homes, or discussing building ideas for your log home, we’d love to hear from you.